Monday, August 13, 2007

Easy Ways to Improve your Confidence!

Author: Charles Ngo
Ask any girl what she wants in a man and chances are she’ll answer “Confidence!” (If she says money then nod, smile, and walk away slowly).Confidence is believing in your own abilities. It’s a trait that some people are born with. However if you don’t have it, the good news is that you can work on it. Overtime it will improve and people will think you’re a natural! Here are some ways you can start right away.

1. Set small goals and slowly achieve them.

In order to start believing in yourself, you have to be worthy of it. Write a list of small goals that you’ve always wanted to do, and starting doing them. I always wanted to start a blog giving dating advice for men. I broke it down into parts like choosing the domain name, writing a few articles, and designing the site a little bit. One by one I saw each goal completed, and replaced them with more challenging goals such as gaining traffic and building links. The point is I’m becoming more confident in my abilities because I know what I am capable of, and am pushing my limits to see how far I can go.


The key is to replace your goals with more difficult ones and achieve them. It’s easier to become President if you’ve already completed your goal of becoming Vice-President.

2. Don’t let negative comments affect you

I’m convinced that no one in this world really wants you to succeed except your Mom. People are critical and will make negative comments trying to slow you down. Realize you have a choice whether or not you want to be affected by it. Don’t sit there and feel sorry for yourself, you can control how you feel. If someone says that you’re too short to get girls, ignore them (and tell them to fuck off). Instead think about all the positive qualities you have, think about how it doesn’t matter, and just don’t let people bring you down.

3. Remember Past Successes.

I remember one time I was on a date and throughout the night my old habits kicked in and I started getting extremely nervous. I knew I continue the date like this, it’s not me. So I thought about all the girls I’ve been with in the past, some were even more beautiful and interesting than her. Once I remembered, I literally doubled my confidence level just using my mind. I opened up, joked more, and just became a funner guy. She later joked that it seemed like a had a shyness button on me and I just turned it off halfway through the date.

Remember the great things you have done in the past, and you will be confident that you can achieve even greater things.

4. Dress Nicer

Everybody has that certain outfit that makes them feel a little bit more confident. I know for me I always felt more confident wearing a tailored white dress shirt I always had, it fit like a dream. What I did then was go ahead and tailor all my shirts and only buy shirts that fit perfectly so I could have this feeling everyday.

I always try to look good everywhere I go. I’m not saying wear a tuxedo to the grocery store, but don’t go to there with a shirt with holes in it and pajamas. You never know who you’re goign to run into, but you’ll be ready if you look good!

5. Smile More

Studies surrounding what’s called the “facial feedback theory” suggest that the expressions on your face can actually encourage your brain to register certain emotions. If you just smile a little more then you’ll get more positive feelings.

Not only that but when you smile more, it’ll cause people to smile back at you. I know my confidence increases a little bit every time an attractive lady smiles at me back ;).

Building self-confidence can be a slow process. But when you start believing in yourself more than you will start getting the things you want easier and overall live a happier life.

No comments:

Google

Guestbook


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix